Tuesday, December 16, 2008

PIZZA MIA!



It had been a while since I had been craving a home made pizza and on Sunday evening I decided to take up on the challenge. It had been several years since I had made a pizza. The last time I actually attempted with some help was while I was still in high school in my home economics class. Yeah... its been quite a while since then. So anyways... the dough is so easy to prepare being that it requires basic ingredients which most of us have handy. The ingredients are the following: flour, yeast, salt, water, and olive oil. TADA! That's about it so it doesn't take much time or effort. The only thing most hate about making any type of bread is that you have to wait such a long time to be able to make it. Don't take me wrong its worth the wait but Ohh boy do I hate waiting. So after the hour and a half of waiting, my dough was about ready... I know I should have maybe waited a bit longer to get a better rise but I was anxious to start. I had a bit of trouble forming the pizza shape since the dough would return to its original size but after working with it for a bit I finally got it to where I wanted it. 
 The ingredients on my pizza were pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, cheese of course, and just to add an extra flavor I added some VERY sweet pineapple. Let me just tell you that this pizza was amazing. I'm usually my worst critic and always have a comment about what I could have done better but this pizza blew me away. I honestly think that it was real good. I'm guessing I could use a lot more practice in the dough shaping department but it still came out real good. If you're interested in the recipe please let me know. For those of you who will give this a try, Good Luck to you! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow
When are you making it again?